photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ready to Read

Richer than I
you will never be,
for I had a parent
who read to me!

Many teachers have asked me to do a video where I could explain to parents how children learn to read.  It's now up on my list of videos on my website (drjean.org) so you can take a look and see if it's something that you might want to share with your parents this coming school year.  It's rather simplistic, but the message is strong...talk to them, read to them, sing to them, play with them!

The National I Teach K Conference in Las Vegas was amazing!  It was reaffirming and inspiring to see so many teachers from all over the world who still believe in early childhood and love children!