photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, July 6, 2012

LETTER MONSTER


I was organizing some of my materials for upcoming workshops and I found my old friend Letter Monster.  I had forgotten all about him!  If you don’t have anything to do today, here’s a simple project for you.  (The pattern is on my February, 2009) website. 

Materials:         file folder, markers, scissors, white paper
Directions:         Cut the monster pattern on the following page out of the front of a file folder.  Insert paper in the file folder and write the highlighted letters in his tummy.  Glue the story to the back of the file folder, removing one sheet of paper at a time as you tell the story to the children.
Letter  Monster wanted to read.
He thought if he ate letters, it was all he would need!
On Monday he ate  a  b  c.
“Mmmm they taste so good to me.”
On Tuesday he chomped   d e f g.
“Eating letters is fun as can be.”
On Wednesday he nibbled on   h i j k.
“More letters, more letters, is what I say!”
On Thursday he feasted on   l  m  n  o.
“Letters are so good you know.”
On Friday he swallowed  p q r s t u.
“I think letters are good for you.”
On Saturday he gobbled  v w x and y.
“I’m almost finished,” he said with a sigh.
On Sunday he slowly ate the   z.
Then he fell asleep and caught some ZZZZZ’s!
Here’s an adaptation called “Word Monster.”
The Word Monster wanted to read.
He thought if he ate words, it was all he would need!
On Monday he ate will.
“Mmmm…but I am hungry still.”
On Tuesday he chomped who.
“I like eating words, I do, I do!”
On Wednesday he nibbled on play.
“More words, more words is what I say!”
On Thursday he feasted on friend.
“I hope these yummy words never end!”
On Friday he gobbled make.
“I’m almost finished with what I can take.”
On Saturday he swallowed night.
“These words are so good, give me one more bite!”
On Sunday he slowly ate said.
Then he fell asleep in his warm cozy bed.
Now, Word Monster has all he needs.
Let’s see if you can help him read.
How about “Number Monster”?
Number monster wanted to count
So he could always know the amount.
On Monday he ate one, two, three, four.
But he wanted to count some more.
Tuesday he ate five, six, seven, eight.
Learning to count is really great.
Wednesday he feasted on nine and ten.
He could hardly wait to eat again.
Thursday eleven, twelve, thirteen went down.
Then he took a walk into town.
Friday there were fourteen, fifteen, sixteen.
Those were the largest numbers he’d seen.
Saturday seventeen, eighteen, and nineteen went in his tummy.
Oh, those numbers are so yummy!
Sunday twenty was all he could do.
He said, “I’m stuffed with numbers, it’s true!”