photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, July 21, 2012

SCHOOL IS FUN

                                    IT LOOKS LIKE I’M PLAYING BUT….
Make a book by taking pictures of your students engaged in different centers.
 Use the following captions to describe the benefits of each area.
Let one child take home the book each day to share with their families.
        
Dramatic Play – It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing social skills, emotional skills, independence, oral language, my imagination, responsibility, and the executive function.  I may use these skills as a mother, father, safety officer, or politician one day.

Blocks  - It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing motor skills, math concepts (number, size, shape, space), oral language, social skills. eye-hand coordination, self control, and my imagination.  I may be a builder or architect when I’m grown.

Art – It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing my creativity, small motor skills, problem solving, sharing, cooperation, independence and responsibility.  I may use these skills as an artist, illustrator, or designer one day.

Math  - It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing oral language,; social skills, small motor skills, concepts about quantity, shape, size, pattern, and an interest in math.  I may use these tools as a computer programmer, accountant, or mathematician in the future.

Library  - It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing alphabet knowledge, oral language, print knowledge, listening skills, eye-hand coordination, concepts about the world,  and the desire to read.  Maybe I’ll be a publisher, author, or librarian when I grow up.

Science  - It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing a curiosity about the world, sensory skills, problem solving, language skills, and experience with the scientific process (observing, predicting, experimenting, recording, reporting).  If I’m a doctor, lab technician, pharmacist, or landscaper I will utilize these skills.

Table Toys  - It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing small muscles, eye-hand coordination, attention span, social skills, and concepts about size, shape, color pattern.  I might use these skills as a chef or dentist one day.

Language – It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing oral language, alphabet knowledge, print connections, phonological awareness, visual skills, book knowledge, phonics; motivation to read.  No matter what I become when I grow it, it will be important to know how to read.

Writing  - It looks like I’m playing, but I’m developing eye-hand coordination, small motor skills, alphabet knowledge, self confidence, vocabulary, and an interest in print.  I might use these skills one day as a journalist, administrative assistant, or poet.