photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, May 5, 2013

OH, YEAH! ANOTHER CUP IDEA!


The Solo cup company might need to hire me!  Betsy Lott shared this idea last week and I had to try it out myself.  COOL!

Melted Cups (Betsy Lott)
Make circular flash cards by melting Solo cups in the oven.  They are durable and reusable.  They make great bathroom and hall passes as well as flash cards.
*To melt place cups upside down on a cookie sheet and bake at 350.  Watch constantly because burnt cups smell horrible!
*Solo brand cups work best.  Cups with restaurant logos are great for environmental print.
*You can also use these cups to make ornaments for Christmas!

Pop Up Book  (Damon Hoskins)
Fold one sheet of paper in half and cut six slits.  Fold in slits to make pop up tabs.  Glue to a second sheet of paper.  Put letters, pictures, etc. on the three dimensional tabs.



People Book (Pamela Pounds)
Fold a piece of paper into eighths.  Open.  Cut off the two sections on the bottom as shown.  Fold in the upper sections to make a vest.  Glue the sections you removed to the vest to look like arms.  Cut out a circle for the head.  Children can open the vest and write “all about me,” “when I grow up,” “my favorite American,” “my favorite book character,” etc.

I'm So Glad You're Here
To gather children in the morning Pam sings:
Rise and shine and welcome to school today.
Rise and shine and welcome to school today.
Rise and shine and welcome to school today.
I'm so glad you're here.
By the time she finishes singing they must be seated and ready to begin their day.