photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Monday, May 26, 2014

A DAY TO REMEMBER...

For most of you Memorial Day means that summer is here and it’s time to get out those white shoes, the sprinkler, and the grill. To tell you the truth, I really didn’t know much about Memorial Day until I did a little research on the internet. I was particularly touched by this poem I found.  Here’s the first verse and the last verse. 

The Bivouac of the Dead

By Theodore O’Hara (1820-1867)

The muffled drum's sad roll has beat
The soldier's last tattoo;
No more on life's parade shall meet
The brave and daring few.
On Fame's eternal camping-ground
Their silent tents are spread,
And Glory guards with solemn round
The bivouac of the dead…

Yon marble minstrel's voiceless stone
In deathless songs shall tell,
When many a vanished age hath flown,
The story how ye fell;
Nor wreck, nor change, or winter's blight
Not Time's remorseless doom,
Shall dim one ray of holy light
That gilds your glorious tomb. 

                       
I hope this day is a happy one for you and that you’ll take just a moment to remember those who have enabled us to be happy and safe today and every day!  I'm going to call my 94 year old friend who served in WWII and tell him I appreciate him.

Check out this website to learn more about Memorial Day.
http://www.va.gov/opa/speceven/memday/