photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Monday, December 29, 2014

TIPS AND TRICKS FOR 2015

How about some easy tips for positive behavior in 2015?

THUMBS UP STATEMENTS
I found this idea that Brenda Lee Hernandez shared. Her statements are based on her school’s six pillars, but your students could think of 5 or 6 original statements. Write them on a language experience chart and then begin the day by sticking up your thumbs and repeating them.
         I am respectful.
         I am trustworthy.
         I am responsible.
         I am fair.
         I am caring.
         I use good manners.
         I use kind words.
         I can do it.
*Role-play these positive behaviors.
*Let students make books called “Thumbs Up for 2015.”

                   
IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO
(Tune: “If You’re Happy”)
If you don’t know what to do, look at child’s name. (Name child who is doing what you want the others to do.)
If you don’t know what to do, look at child’s name.
If you don’t know what to do, look at child’s name to get a clue.
If you don’t know what to do, look at child’s name.


HAPPY STICKS
Pass out “happy sticks” (popsicle sticks) for good behavior. When children save ten sticks they get a “coupon.” These are ideas you can put on coupons:
         Bring your teddy bear to school.
         Write with a pen.
         Wear your pajamas to school.
         No shoes for a day.
         No homework.
         Chew sugarless bubblegum.
         Sit at the teacher’s desk.

                                   
I CAN WALK WHEN I’M INSIDE
(Tune: “Froggy Went a-Courtin;”)
I can walk when I’m inside, uh-huh, uh-huh.
I can walk when I’m inside uh-huh, uh-huh.
I can walk when I’m inside, outside’s when I run and slide,
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh.
I can run when I’m outside, uh-huh, uh-huh.
I can run when I’m outside, uh-huh, uh-huh.
I can run when I’m outside, but I always walk when I’m inside
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh.

HALL HUG
To focus your students attention in the hall tell them to do what you do.
Stretch your arms in front of you.
Wiggle your fingers.
Say, “Give yourself a big hug from your teacher!”

WALL PUSH UPS
While waiting in the hall have your students do push ups against the wall.

PEACE AND QUIET
The teacher says, “Peace” and makes the peace sign. The children respond with, “And Quiet!” and put their finger on their lips while the other hand makes the peace sign.

KINDER CHANT (First Grade, Pre-K, etc.)
Everywhere we go
People want to know
Who we are
So we tell them,
We are kindergarten
Mighty, mighty kindergarten. (Show muscles.)
_ _ _ _ _ (Spell out school’s name.)
(School’s name) is the school for me.
Go (school’s name)!

MANNERS OF THE CLASSROOM
(New verse for “The Rules of the Classroom”)
Say please, thank you, excuse me, and may I.
Say please, thank you, excuse me, and may I.
The manners, the manners, the manners of the classroom.
The manners, the manners, the manners of the classroom.