photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, June 30, 2017

TRUE CONFESSION

I am so grateful to all of you who read my blog.  Believe me, writing this is a task of love.  So many teachers have touched my life and shared with me over my 45 year journey that I feel compelled to give back.  The truth is, writing this blog keeps me from getting dementia.  Seriously, what would I do if I didn’t do this?  So thank you!  Thank you!

But, sometimes I wonder, “Is anybody out there?  Does anybody actually read this?”  Some of you have heard me share the same activities over and over – but how many of you are visiting with me for the first time today?  I always tell people that what I do is like going to a big box store.  You don’t put everything in your cart – you only put the things that you need and want.  I try and give you as much as I can and I invite you to pick, choose, adapt, and make these ideas work for you. 

July is a busy month for me as a consultant.  I love every minute of meeting new teachers and sharing ideas.  (Well, not exactly every minute of lugging my suitcases and dealing with flight delays!)  Last summer I did July PD with a video and activities you can create to make starting the new school year more fun and exciting.  The beginning of the school year is kind of like the anticipation of a party, isn’t it?  You make the guest list, clean the house, decorate, prepare the food, plan the games…. 

Carolyn Kisloski and I have been working on a new project for months and months.  We are going to have the big REVEAL of our HAPPIES at the I Teach Kindergarten Conference in Las Vegas on July 10th.  We're also collaborating on a new blog called "A happie a day keeps the humbugs away."  I'll tell you more about that when I do Facebook Live on Thursday.  Stay tuned for details...

                                         

P.S. I have to give you one new idea today.  Here’s a song the teachers from Pauls Valley, OK, taught me many years ago.  It goes to the tune of “Shortnin’ Bread” and can be adapted to your grade level.

Chorus:
I like grade.
We learn things at school.
Reading, writing, ’rithmetic,
It’s always cool.

*We like recess,
We like lunch.
We like P.E.
A big, big, bunch!
(Chorus)

*Art and music
Computers, too.
Library books
And reading with you!
(Chorus)

Learning good manners
And how to be a friend.
Choosing the right way
Again and again!
(Chorus)